2 Christian Youth Workers
Salary £25,000 pa
Come and join our Board of Education team of school based Christian Youth Workers to work with young people in High Schools, Academies and local communities in the Diocese of Blackburn.
The Board of Education in partnership with:
Saint Aidan’s Church of England Technology College, Preesall (1 post)
• To develop the ministry among young people aged 11-16 in the school, local area & diocese
• To establish new events & projects for young people
• To build up a group of people in the school & local area who will help young people explore what it means to be a Christian in the 21st Century
Saint Wilfrid’s Church of England Academy, Blackburn (1 post)
• To develop the ministry among young people aged 11-18 in the academy, local area & diocese
• To develop events & projects for young people
• To develop contemporary models of worship, prayer & spirituality in the school
Successful candidates will be:
• Experienced and versatile Christian Youth Workers
• Able to work collaboratively and creatively within both the school and parish setting
• Professional support and advice from Diocesan Advisers
• Opportunities for innovative work and continuing professional development
• Regular meetings with supportive team of school based youth workers
Download St Aidan’s Job Description and Person Specification here
Download St Wilfrid’s Job Description and Person Specification here
Download Application Form for St Aidan’s post here
Download Application Form for St Wilfrid’s post here
or contact Jill Ivison 01254 503407 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 3rd June 2013
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for each post that the post-holder is a Christian. Posts subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Are you crazy enough to come here?...
(One year fixed term part-time post)
You will be passionate to share the love of God with the lost and experienced in children’s or youth ministry. You will be passionate about seeing young people and children fulfil their God-given potential and grow as disciples of Jesus. You will be a leader and enabler of people and a team player. You will be committed to the local church and willing to work ecumenically. You will have good communication, IT and organisational skills.
We have an established youth and children’s work and a growing congregation which includes a significant proportion of Christian Asian families. The role is to assist the Vicar in developing and implementing the vision for teaching and outreach in our work with children, youth and families, drawing more families into God’s family here. It includes some scope for flexibility depending on gifting and experience.
Key elements of the role are to work with the Vicar and committed team of children and youth leaders to:
· be responsible for nurture and outreach to children and youth in order to make disciples
· reach out to families, drawing them into our church community
· resource, envision and pastor our teams of volunteers and manage our PAIS Apprentice
· pioneer, develop and lead our outreach activities for children, youth and families in the area
· work closely with the Vicar and leadership team to support the wider vision of the church
The role is for 20 hours per week. Salary and benefits information will be given on application. Under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9, this post holds an Occupational Requirement for a Christian to be appointed to the post.
applications by: 12noon on 18th June
interview: 26th June
Further information from:
Rev Lorelli Hilliard, 01282 447663, email@example.com
Applications (by email preferably) to: Mrs Jane Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
St John's Church Centre, Barkerhouse Road, Nelson, BB9 9HA
Click here if you would like to download the details of this post.