The Board of Education are seeking 16 young people, in schools years 9 to 13, from across the Diocese who wish to:
- champion the voice of young people across the Diocese.
- raise awareness of youth culture and raise awareness in the Diocese of how this might be harnessed by churches.
- collate and discuss the key issues affecting young people across the Diocese.
- act as an advisory body for the Board of Education on matters relating to youth work in churches.
- act as an advisory body for the Diocese on new initiatives and their impact on young people in parishes.
- support churches in creating youth accessible worship.
- support churches on developing youth voice at parish level.
- create and assess an approval system for churches similar to the Child Friendly Church award.
- ensure that the long-term sustainability of the council seeking to ensure a balance of membership from across the Diocese.
The members of the Diocesan Youth Council (DYC) will be able, through the Director of Education, input into the following bodies as appropriate: Bishop’s Leadership Team, Bishop’s Council, Board of Education, Diocesan Synod and Youth Committee.
The opportunities are not limited to being part of the DYC and presenting at other bodies. Members of the DYC (aged 16+) will have the opportunity to serve on:
- The Board of Education
- Youth Committee on which they will serve as Vice Chair of the committee.
There is a commitment to attend six meetings which will be held throughout the year including one overnight residential meeting, with additional times as may be required. Meetings will usually take place on a Monday evening from 6.30pm – 8.30pm and will be held at different venues around the Diocese.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.