Youth Camp 2019
Friday 21st June @ 5.15pm — Sunday 23rd June @ 3pm
Friday 20th September @ 5.15pm — Sunday 22nd September @ 3pm
at Hothersall Lodge Outdoor Centre, Longridge PR3 2XB
It’s great that you’re interested in being part of the Young Leaders’ team on this year’s Youth Camp. This is for you if you’re in School Years 10-13 (or aged 15-18 years). You can apply to be part of the Young Leader team at either camp – or both! (discounts available!!)
To apply please complete this application form.
Young Leader Role Description & Expectations:
All applications are completed and submitted by the deadlines:
Friday 5th April 2019 (June Camp)
Friday 5th July 2019 (September Camp)
We have 8 young leader spaces for each camp. Therefore, where the number of applications is high, your responses will be considered in order to select the right young leaders for that camp.
Successful Applicants will be expected to show a level of commitment and this will include:
- Attend a training session prior to camp [insert dates for each camp session]
- Arrive at camp in time for leaders’ tea and team briefing at 5.15pm
- Be a positive role model; showing kindness, welcoming and being supportive to all the young people taking part in camp
- Encourage young people to engage in activities and get the most out of sessions
- Support leaders in planning, setting up for and delivering sessions, running activities and games, helping to clear away equipment and resources afterwards where appropriate.
- Attend Team Meetings & Prayer on Saturday & Sunday Morning, as well as continuing to pray for the camp and for the young people
- Be aware of and work within the guidelines of camp policies and report any incidents to team leaders
Please note: Young Leaders will be camping rather than staying in dormitories